Are you on Facebook?

I tried Facebook a year ago, but I didn't give it a chance since I couldn't find many of my own friends and family there.  Well, things have changed a lot in a year.  While I know I'll never have over 900 friends like my college-age daughter, I have found a number of friends there today and I'm having fun with it.  No longer will it take a wedding or a funeral to bring some of us together, but it doesn't end there.  
Facebook offers so much more.  You can forget about the old fashion email and instead post messages, keep tabs on your friends, get people together for a common cause, share notes and photos, job search, buy things, sell things, join groups... and it still doesn't end there.  I find it funny that the people who find themselves annoyed by Facebook are sometimes the same people that can't get enough of it.  Facebook is a fun and powerful social network platform.  Here are some interesting Facebook facts.
Facebook has 150 million active users
More than 1/2 the users are outside of college age
Average user has 100 friends
More than 13 million users update their sites at least once a week
Facebook has more than 800 million photos uploaded each month
Facebook has more than 5 million videos uploaded each month
More than 70% of Facebook users are outside the US
More than 35 translations are available on the site with more than 60 in development

Comments

  1. Yeah, Facebook can be fun. Just make sure that you only accept people who really are your friends, and be careful with accepting teenagers. Otherwise you'll be inundated with lots of useless apps and info, e.g. "I just ate breakfast."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts